Ria's Collection: TWO INGREDIENT 5 MINUTE PIZZA DOUGH

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

TWO INGREDIENT 5 MINUTE PIZZA DOUGH

YOGURT PIZZA DOUGH
Just when I thought I found a delicious pizza crust made using my favourite Cauliflower, I found another one! This is made using just 2 ingredients, yes just t-w-o ingredients. How cool is that? That's exactly what I thought too,when I stumbled upon quite a few similar recipes on the big web.I did have my doubts of this recipe working but when I really thought about what went into it, it did make sense to me.

YOGURT PIZZA DOUGH
So where's the yeast? Hmm,there's no yeast in this recipe. So, the leavening comes from the baking powder that's present in the flour. The other ingredient is yogurt. The original recipe called for Greek yogurt but I never buy it as I find it too thick for my purpose. I eat yogurt with rice,add it to curries,to my biriyani masala etc. For that I require a slightly more watery yogurt which is our regular homemade types.

YOGURT PIZZA DOUGH
Since the original recipe called for Greek yogurt and wanting to make use of the available yogurt, I just took a little more than what was needed and hung it using a cheesecloth for 20 minutes. If you actually don't calculate the time needed for getting the yogurt ready,like in my case, you can pull this off in less than half an hour!

YOGURT PIZZA DOUGH
There's one more good thing about this crust. It needs absolutely no kneading or proving. Isn't that a blessing? For me, a big YES! since I feel like eating all these kind of things at the most odd hours possible! I topped it with some tomato-basil marinara,oven roasted garlic-red onions-red bell pepper trio,hot Italian sausage and a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese.It made one big yummy pizza for us to relish!

TWO INGREDIENT PIZZA DOUGH
YOGURT PIZZA DOUGH Makes one thick 8 inch pizza base

Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 2 cups self rising flour
1 cup Greek Yogurt OR 1 almost overflowing cup of regular yogurt,hung in a cheesecloth for 20 mins.

Method:In a medium bowl,mix together the two ingredients and form a smooth,soft,non-sticky dough. You may or maynot need more flour depending on how you measure both the ingredients. The pizza dough is ready. Use it just as you would, with your regular pizza dough. I baked mine for 12 minutes at 500 F on my cast iron pan which was dusted liberally with semolina.
When I started out with this recipe, Ian Vaava was fast asleep. I was just hoping he would sleep till I put everything into the oven because I needed to work with my super hot cast iron skillet for the pizza. Well, he woke up as soon I finished thinking about it :-) I put him on his almost 52 year old wooden high chair while he watched his Amma make pizza for the 3 of us.I couldn't wait to see how this would turn out. My heart told me it would be just fine and it was! I couldn't wait until Jobin came home from work, so I sliced it up and shared it with Ian Vaava and not to forget, take photographs to share with you all. We really liked it. I hope you guys try this out. It's awesome , easy and very quick too!I will not be surprised if you tell me it's the easiest pizza dough ever! :)
 

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome recipe Ria

Anisha

Revathi Ramkumar said...

looks delicious awesome cilcks dear..first time here have started following you and you have great collection of recipes,When your free plz drop into my space and will be encrouging if you follow my space...Thanks

divya said...

looks awesome n tempting...

Jaisha said...

Thanks for this easy recipe, im gonna try this out this weekend:)

Chitz said...

Simple & humble.. I need to try this ASAP !!

Blessy said...

Vow!!!! Such an easy recipe to put together.... We tried it and the kids gobbled up the whole thing :D...Thanks a lot for an instant fix to the pizza craving problem...

Jaisha said...

Hey Ria, made this for dinner tonight. As u said it was so easy to make. We relished it & loved it:) thanks again!

Sum said...

Ohh thanks for a simple and instant pizza dough recipe... would love to try it soon...

Arya said...

I have been checking out your blog for sometime now. I have suggested your blog to my friends too. I use this pizza dough recipe all the time now. I love your other recipes too and I have posted few in my blog too, along with link to your blog.

Unknown said...

I was wondering if anyone has tried this recipe with any different type of flour like almond or coconut. I'm trying Paleo and will miss pizza but if I could make this with Almond or Coconut it will work out. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...